Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Award
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award is an annual award created to honor the challenging task of further transforming our community into one that not only celebrates TCU’s mission but also creates a world-class university building on a heritage of inclusion.
These individuals will be recognized for providing TCU with the critical voices necessary for change and for their sustained actions to transform TCU by making it an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive learning environment and place of employment. The award recipient is named at Fall Convocation and a photo gallery of recipients will be on display at the Mary Couts Burnett Library.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Be a three-quarters or full-time employee who has served as a member of the faculty or staff (exempt or non-exempt) for at least three years
- Nominee is in good standing at Texas Christian University
- Nominee demonstrates commitment that goes beyond job description to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Nominee has taken action to address inequality, discrimination and exclusion in localized and/or institutional ways
- Demonstrated a sustained practice of cultural change which enhances TCU’s diversity, equity and inclusiveness
- Lead on by working collaboratively with others to achieve diversity, equity and inclusion in the TCU educational setting
- Chancellor’s Cabinet members, Provost Council members and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award Committee members are not eligible for nomination
Nominations may be made by TCU faculty, staff and students by either:
- Filling out the online nomination form or
- Mailing the nomination to Sheri Miller, Chancellor’s Associate for Strategic Partnerships, at TCU Box 297080
Nominations may be written in English or Spanish.
Should you be selected as a semi-finalist, these items are required:
- a personal statement on diversity, equity and inclusion
- diversity, equity and inclusion contributions
- letters of recommendation from peers and students
- CV or resume
Finalists selected by the DEI Award Committee will be forwarded to the Chancellor, who will select the winner of the DEI Award
Finalists receive a $1,000 award and an invitation to an awards luncheon with other nominees. The overall winner will be announced at TCU Convocation and receive an additional award of $5,000.
- Cathan Coghlan, Ph.D., director, Office of Institutional Research
- Frank Hernandez, Ph.D., dean, College of Education
- Mayme Francyne Huckaby, Ph.D., associate provost faculty affairs
- Sheri Miller, chancellor’s associate for strategic partnerships
- Aisha Torrey-Sawyer, director of diversity and inclusion programs
Nominations for the 2021 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Award are now closed.
Scott Langston, Ph.D.
Instructor; Native American Nations and Communities Liaison
AddRan College of Liberal Arts
Senior Learning and Development Consultant,
Leadership & Professional Development
Assistant Professor of Dance
College of Fine Arts
Senior Learning and Development Consultant
Lynn Hampton, Ph.D.
John V. Roach Honors College