Chancellor’s Scholars Program
Over the last four decades, the Chancellor’s Scholarship has rewarded the most accomplished, talented potential Horned Frogs for their remarkable achievements and hard work. It has supported and challenged these leaders to be productive citizens and leaders in the community. Chancellor’s Scholars are among the best and brightest students on campus.
The highly competitive program, which includes multiple rounds of committee review and on-campus interviews, has provided full-tuition academic scholarships to hundreds of students.
In addition to substantial financial support, Chancellor’s Scholars also:
- Receive special opportunities to interact with the Chancellor, TCU faculty and staff and their peers at events like a New Scholars Retreat, various social activities, and a dining etiquette and interview skills dinner.
- Participate in a unique international experience.
- Receive special recognition at Commencement for graduating students
Programming and support for the Chancellor’s Scholars are provided through the Office of the Chancellor and President. The Program is managed in partnership with the Office of Admission, the Office of Scholarships and Student Financial Aid, and the John V. Roach Honors College.
For additional information, please contact Lauren Nixon, Director of Programs and Executive Initiatives at 817-257-7782 or email@example.com.
Both first-year and transfer Chancellor’s Scholarship recipients must first meet academic benchmarks to be considered for the award. The committee then reviews writing samples, leadership accomplishments, service records, and extracurricular activities. From the committee review, approximately the top one percent of the most talented, accomplished TCU applicants will be invited to participate in on-campus interviews, which take place in February for first-year applicants and May for transfer applicants.
Students who succeed in the Chancellor’s Scholars selection process possess:
- Near-perfect grades in the most rigorous curriculum available
- High-quality writing samples
- Impeccable academic references
- A significant record of cocurricular and community involvement
The four-year value of the scholarship for each first-year scholarship recipient is more than $228,520, not including additional programming activity costs for the group. In 2023-2024, the total academic-year investment in the 235 Chancellor’s Scholars exceeds $13.4 million.