Chancellor’s Postdoctoral FellowshipTCU is pleased to offer a postdoctoral fellowship committed to enhancing our steadfast commitment to inclusive excellence through engaging with preeminent diverse scholars who continue to contribute to and transform the world through research and teaching. This fellowship, which may last up to two years, also is important to our strong teacher-scholar model, which emphasizes the creation and dissemination of knowledge in equal measure. This Fall, the fellowship program is seeking applications from scholars conducting research in the strategic management domain. The position is open to scholars trained in strategy or a related discipline.
-Chancellor Victor J. Boschini. Jr.
Salary is competitive with similar postdoctoral fellowships at R1 business schools, and the position includes a generous benefits package including access to medical, vision, dental, and life insurance. This award also includes a fund for research‐related and program travel expenses. Each fellowship is for 12 months and may be renewable for one additional year upon demonstration of academic productivity. The position will begin Fall 2022.
The Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow has the unique opportunity to receive:
- Mentorship from a senior professor and college leadership
- Training and development in the areas of research and pedagogy
- Professional development preparing the fellow for a full-time faculty position at an academic institution
- Networking and connection-building with University administration
- Opportunities to engage and participate as an active member of the TCU community
- The selection committee will consider all factors that enhance a candidate’s ability to contribute to diversity in the academy, including varied socioeconomic and cultural experiences, diversity-related research, teaching goals emphasizing diversity, and first-generation college graduates. Candidates meeting these criteria should highlight these experiences in the diversity statement.
- Must have PhD in Management or related field from an accredited institution within the past five years and no later than July 1, 2022.
- Have experience in and a demonstrated commitment to research and teaching.
The TCU Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to:
- Teach one class during each semester of the fellowship.
- Focus on research
- Meet regularly with assigned faculty mentors
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Connect and collaborate across the college and institution when deemed appropriate.
Those interested in the fellowship must provide the following:
- A cover letter describing applicant’s relevant personal and professional background, as well as interest in doing postdoctoral work specifically at TCU.
- A curriculum vitae including name, mailing address, telephone numbers, and email address.
- A research statement (two-page limit, single-spaced).
- A statement sharing how your experiences related to diversity, equity, and inclusion can help to advance TCU’s commitment to fostering an inclusive community (two-page limit, single-spaced).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- All application materials should be submitted by November 15, 2021.
Only electronic materials will be accepted. Uploading instructions are available here. Application review will begin after November 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Dr. Whitnee Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-257-4158.