Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship
TCU is pleased to offer a postdoctoral fellowship committed to enhancing our steadfast commitment to inclusive excellence through engaging with preeminent diverse scholars who continue to contribute to and transform the world through research and teaching. This fellowship, which may last up to two years, also is important to our strong teacher-scholar model, which emphasizes the creation and dissemination of knowledge in equal measure.
This term, the fellowship is seeking applications from individuals with research and pedagogical experience in any area of cognitive psychology including basic and applied approaches. The fellowship is also open to individuals with experience in:
- Cognitive psychology
- Educational psychology
- Developmental psychology
-Chancellor Victor J. Boschini. Jr.
Starting salaries begin at approximately $50,000, depending on the field of study and level of experience, plus a generous benefits package including access to medical, vision, dental and life insurance. This award also includes up to $5,000 for research‐related and program travel expenses. Each award is for 12 months and may be renewable for only one additional year upon demonstration of academic productivity. The position will begin fall 2021.
The Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow has the unique opportunity to receive:
- Mentorship from a senior professor and college leadership
- Training and development in the areas of research and pedagogy
- Professional development preparing the fellow for a full-time faculty position at an academic institution
- Networking and connection-building with University administration
- Opportunities to engage and participate as an active member of the TCU community
- Candidates from historically underrepresented groups in the U.S. higher education system are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The selection committee will consider all factors that enhance a candidate’s ability to contribute to diversity in the academy, including varied socioeconomic and cultural experiences, diversity-related research and/or creative activity, teaching goals emphasizing diversity and first-generation college graduates. Candidates meeting these criteria should highlight these experiences in the diversity statement.
- Fellowship applicants must be eligible and authorized to work in the US without an employer-sponsored VISA.
- Ph.D. in Psychology or related field from an accredited institution within the past five years and no later than July 1, 2021.
- Have experience in and a demonstrated commitment to research/creative activity and teaching.
The TCU Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to:
- Teach a minimum of one class during each semester of the fellowship. Additional duties may be assigned in a manner befitting the fellow’s area(s) of expertise
- Focus on research
- Meet regularly with assigned faculty mentors
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Connect and collaborate across the college and institution when deemed appropriate.
Those interested in the fellowship must provide the following:
- A cover letter describing applicant’s interest in doing postdoctoral work specifically at TCU and relevant personal and professional background.
- A curriculum vitae including name, mailing address, telephone numbers, and email address.
- A research statement (three-page limit, double-spaced).
- A statement sharing how your experiences related to diversity, equity, and inclusion can help to advance TCU’s commitment to fostering an inclusive community (1-3 pages).
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should reflect the candidate’s ability to contribute to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Any accommodations required.
- All application materials should be submitted by January 25, 2021.
Applications should include all application materials. The three confidential letters of recommendation should be emailed directly from the reviewer or dossier service to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the applicant’s name in the subject line. Finalists may be asked to submit additional materials. Only electronic materials will be accepted. Uploading instructions are available here. Application review will begin in February 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Dr. Whitnee Boyd at email@example.com or 817-257-4158.